The children’s ministry of First Baptist encourages children to take hold of biblical truths and build a solid foundation in Christ. Recognizing that children learn in different ways, we use a variety of unique and exciting activities to communicate to children how they can have a relationship with Christ and share His love with others, even those who are different from them.
In addition to our weekly schedule of fun, we also enjoy special trips (like to a Christmas tree farm), camps (like JoyWorks, worship arts camp), and events (like our sea-voyage-themed Fun for the Whole Family Hour). These activities are aimed not only at children who attend our church but their families and friends who may not know Jesus.
Play-n-Learn, Suite 120, 9:00 a.m.
This is a fun time filled with music, games, crafts, and imaginative play that incorporate biblical teaching for babies through kindergarten-aged children. After the first session, which falls during the adult Sunday school hour, children with their parents’ permission may stay for the extended session during the morning worship service.
PowerLab Xpress, Suite 110, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Everyone can find something at SonLight Square! This adventure for kids in first through fourth grades is workshop-based, which means that, after a gathering time with music and fun Bible-memory activities, children get to experience their lesson hands-on through classes like art, science, cookery, video, storytelling, and games. Every week is different!
Grapple, Suite 200, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
This transitional class for preteens in grades 5-6 includes breakfast, engaging videos and games, and a time for digging into the Bible to grapple with tough questions they face each day. With parents’ permission, Grapple students can join the class’s online community at mygrapple.com to vote for the game of the week, connect with Grapple classmates, play computer games, and answer Grapple Clues to help them win the coveted Grapple Button.
Halfway through the morning service, children four years to first grade may exit the sanctuary and meet a ministry worker in the Sanctuary foyer for Children’s Church. This time of teaching and play is perfect for those children who are still becoming accustomed to the worship service.
Bible Skills, Drills, and Thrills, Suite 120, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
This crazy program keeps kids moving while teaching them to find, memorize, and use God’s Word. While children in grades 3-6 are the only ones eligible to compete in associational and state Children’s Bible Drill, children in kindergarten through 2nd grade are welcome and will still enjoy the exciting games, music, crafts, and drills. Preschool children are welcome as well and have their own room of fun and play. Workers are available starting at 5:45 p.m.
Meal, Music and Missions Night!
- First Family Meal, Fellowship Hall, 4:30-5:45 p.m.
- Children and adults of all ages are welcome come and enjoy a fabulous meal for practically the cheapest price in town with our First Baptist family! Reservations are required by Monday, and prices are very affordable.
- Young Musicians Ringers, Room 350, 4:15-5:00 p.m. – Handbells for children in grades 4-6
- Melody Makers, Room 111, 5:45-6:30 p.m. – Introduction to group music experience for children ages 3-5
- Music Makers, Room 112, 5:45-6:30 p.m. – Fun choir for children in grades 1-3
- Young Musicians Choir, Room 270, 5:45-6:30 p.m. – Exciting chorale for grades 4-6
- Mission Friends, Room 123, 6:30-7:15 p.m. – Crafts and games introducing children ages 3-5 to missions
- For Girls: GAs (Girls in Action), Suite 200, 6:30-7:15 p.m. – Looks into the lives of missionaries and hands-on missions for girls in 1st-6th grade
- For Boys: RAs (Royal Ambassadors), Suite 110, 6:30-7:15 p.m. – Looks into the lives of missionaries and hands-on missions for girls in 1st-6th grade