The vision of First Baptist Church Arkadelphia is to demonstrate and share Christ’s love by putting faith into action that confronts human needs in Arkadelphia and around the world.
We seek to glorify God by teaching others to know and follow Jesus Christ.
- We seek to glorify God by teaching others to know and follow Jesus Christ.
- We believe in one true God, eternally existing in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, who alone is worthy of our honor, praise, and obedience
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, truth without mixture of error and guide for all faith and practice.
- We believe in God’s purpose of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ’s atoning death and resurrection, a salvation freely available to all.
- We believe that the church is the body of believers under the leadership of its creator Jesus Christ, locally autonomous but cooperative with other members in their common task.
- We believe that evangelism, missions, and discipleship comprise the church’s chief task in the world.
- We believe that baptism for believers by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the worship ordinances given to the church by Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Christians are called to live responsibly under the lordship of Jesus Christ and to fulfill God’s will.
- Evangelism: We value introducing people to Jesus Christ as personal Savior. Acts 2:38-41
- Ministry: We value meeting people’s needs in the name of Jesus Christ. Acts 2:44-45; 1 Cor. 12:4,11
- Relationships: We value nurturing community in relationships of friends and family inside and outside the church body. Mark 14:7; Deut. 8:3
- Worship: We value encountering God in a variety of settings and responding in obedience. Acts 2:46-47; John 4:24
- Missions: We value sharing the saving grace of Jesus Christ individually and cooperatively with multiple mission partners. Acts 1:8; Isa. 6:8
- Discipleship: We value helping believers mature spiritually by teaching, mentoring, and involving them in the church’s ministry. Matt 28:18-20; Eph. 4: 11-16; Col. 1: 28-29, 2:6; Acts 2:42-43